The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Registering with email user_login (3 posts)

1. jamessketch
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello there,

I want to force my users to have user_login in this form 'example@example.com' instead of 'example'.

Is there in the wp-signup.php (or anywhere else) place where to tell it to insert the username to the database in this form?

Thank you all in advance.
    James

2. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm a bit confused with you rquestion as you're interchanging logging in and registering. Which specifically are you asking about?

For registering, that won't work I'm afraid as the user name is what the first blog gets created with and the '@' symbol is an RFC restricted character.

For logging in, the form should actually be in wp-login.php I believe.

3. jamessketch
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello theapparatus, thank you for contributing. Sorry for confusing.

I wanted to force users to have their user_login in a form that looks like email (igor@example.com instead of just igor). Nothing more, not even use it as an email (instead of user_email).

Fortunatelly I found out how to solve my request.
    I changed line 1033 in file called wpmu-functions.php:

VALUES ( '$domain', '$path', '$title', '$user@example.com', '$user_email', '$registered', '$key', '$meta' )" );

This added their username with my '@example.com' to the database.

There is only one thing I would like to change as well.
    user_niname is now formated as igorexamplecom (user_login without @ and dots). And I would like to have the user_nicename as igor (user_login without the @example.com).

Does anybody know what to change?
    Thank you all and thank you, theapparatus, again.
    James

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by jamessketch
  • Latest reply from jamessketch