The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Politicians site with standard pages (5 posts)

1. new2wordpress
    Posted 16 years ago #

I apologize if this has been answered but I couldn't find it and am hoping someone can inform me of how to accomplish this.

What I am trying to do is create a site where each politician running for office can have a standard page where they fill out the same information. Biography, Achievements, goals if elected, videos etc. And then I want them to each have their own blog section where they can talk about current topics and their views.

I didn't have a problem setting up their own blogs but I can't figure out how to set up their own page with content blocks for them to fill out for each section (biography, achievements etc) that they can edit and no one else can. I am new to WordPress MU and have read documentation and can't figure it out. If someone has done something similar or knows how to do this and can Help I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Chris

2. peiqinglong
    Posted 16 years ago #

what I would do is use the Author template/tags. When you login and go to user profile, notice how there are fields kinda like what you want. You either have to hardcode additional fields, modify existing ones, or write a plugin. Only an Admin or the a user can modify their own profile information. Then you created a page template and call the specific categories you want and use the page template for the about page or something.

3. new2wordpress
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the help on this. I am making progress but am having a couple problems. Sorry if these questions are easy but I have been struggling to figure them out.

I added a couple fields like user->description and changed them in the profile.php page and the user.php page. It doesn't seem to be working is there anywhere else that I need to make these changes to get them to work with the database?

Thanks

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well, if you wrote in the code that you're using extra database fields, you kinda have to add them to the database...

5. new2wordpress
    Posted 16 years ago #

I thought I did that right...I just have to add it to the wp_usermeta correct?

Again sorry for any stupid questions. This is my first wpmu site.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by new2wordpress
  • Latest reply from new2wordpress