The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Problem with New 1.3 Version of MU - Blogroll Problem (7 posts)

1. hhuskies
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello,

I just upgraded to the new version of Wordpress MU (1.3), and the ONLY problem I have noticed is that all of the categories have been deleted that my users were filing their posts in, and the blogroll won't show up on any blog.

Also, on the Manage Categories page, after I add a new Category, the name doesn't show up.

has anyone else noticed this problem, and how can I re-instate the categories my users were using for their posts?

Thank you,

Christian

2. hhuskies
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just downloaded 1.3 today - if that helps at all. Also, I haven't used the taxonomy WP-Plugin yet. Is this what I need to do to fix the system? I have heard that the taxonomy plugin doesn't seem to work for many people.

What's the best option to fix?

Any thoughts?

3. hhuskies
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just uncommented and ran the taxonomy plugin, got the key, and tried it out - it looked like it was cycling through the blogs, but after it was finished, it still didn't fix the category/blogroll problem.

That's my status as of now. Now I am stuck. :-) What should I do next? Manual change of database table names?

4. hhuskies
    Posted 16 years ago #

Also, I only have 26 blogs at this point - so if I had proper direction I would be fine with manually running a SQL query for each blog.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I really don't know. I haven't done it on my system. I *do* know there's been loads of issues.

6. hhuskies
    Posted 16 years ago #

Would you recommend I revert back to the old system I was running (1.2.4), and then just wait for a new version after 1.3?

7. tkreucher
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hhuskies,

Having been through this problem myself, I'm hoping to offer some help. This may be a silly question but have you checked your memory_limit on your php.ini file? I think that was the ultimate source of woe for me. You can check your Apache error log and see if there is a memory error being triggered and if so, that could be the cause. I really thought I had already adjusted it, but I have three Linux boxes at work and a couple at home and so I guess I just mixed it up. Worth checking to save yourself trouble if you haven't already, as I learned the hard way. :)

Also, if you go and look under phpMyAdmin (or whatever tool you use) at the categories tables in the DB, are the category entries still there? That's what I saw, and so it added to my confusion, because they still existed, but the scripts just didn't see them.

I don't know that this will help but wanted to mention in case it does. Good luck and I hope it works for you soon!

Cheers,
    Trase

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by hhuskies
  • Latest reply from tkreucher