The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Centralized Loginform (12 posts)

1. Mattz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

I was figuring out if all persons can login from one loginform on the maindomain.

It seems that every user has to use their name.maindomain.tld to be able to login.

On the mainsite they get a "You don't have enough rights to access this page".

I have seen no hacks or plugins for this so far.

2. moorezilla
    Posted 16 years ago #

I get the same error. I think it's still a bug. I use subdirectories, rather than subdomains.

3. Mattz
    Posted 16 years ago #

I use subdomains, should not make a difference I guess ?

Maybe we have to transfer them to their own domain/subdir after logging in ?

4. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

5. Mattz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi Lunabyte,

The question is quite simple, so people need to login using their own subdomain or not.

The login variable for a login link on the page redirect them to their own subdomain.domain.tld/wp-admin so I assume that it's needed they login there.

6. moorezilla
    Posted 16 years ago #

There's an old ticket for this, so please feel free to add to it!

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/427

7. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

The question is quite simple? Really?

That link I provided... read down towards the bottom. Without more information, there isn't anything anyone can do for you.

They don't need transferred anywhere.

I have a site set up where a user can choose where they want to go. Their admin area, or stay on the page they are currently viewing. So no, they don't have to go anywhere.

8. Mattz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Lunabyte,

Check the link of MooreZilla, say enough for now.

Thanks

9. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

<roll eyes>

Guess when you need some help, I'll be refraining from now on. Nice day have you.

10. Farms
    Posted 16 years ago #

Man, I was just about to offer some code up too - but nevermind, if you can really be bothered to make up fake account names to attepmt to annoy people in the manner of a 10 year old then you should probably be taking a good long look at how you spend your time.

Unless, of course, you are 10 ;)

I which case goodonya!

11. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Or not provide some simple details about the system and software, as per the readme, so be it.

12. Mattz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Am I missing something here, fake names ?

Please explain. Thanks.

About this Topic