The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Sticky Post Plug-in for MU (20 posts)

1. spiffywiffy
    Posted 16 years ago #

* EDIT: Shoot - I accidentally posted this to Installation and can't see a way to change it. Sorry.

I've been trying to find a plug-in that works with MU for making a single post sticky so it always appears at the top of the blog.

I tried WP-Sticky, but this does not work with MU (I confirmed with the author after the fact).

I tried StickyPost, but could not get it to work either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. jondoe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Have the same problem, would love to find one that works

3. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

hmm. wp-sticky worked only with old wpmu... i'm intrested to now... :)

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Still a no-go as far as I can tell.

The only one I found that didn't bork MU right away, knocked off the page navigation at the bottom of each blog page.

5. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's not a sticky-post plugin per say, but....
    Install Vent. Create a future scheduled post (the future date will be the date that the post "expires") and set the vent system to show the next event at the top of the home page. (remove all of the styles from the internal styles setting in the options and set the hcalendar settings to hidden) and voila, your event/post will stay at the top of the first page of your blog until it reaches it's "expiry" date.

Vent can be found here:
    http://blog.clearskys.net/plugins/vent-events-system/

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

and that's exactly what I wanted to know, awesome...

7. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

If anyone is interested, Vent is currently running in "Sticky Post" mode on my blog (link on left). If you want the Sticky Post banner, then pop me an email / or comment and I'll send it through. Or just grab it from the site directly. I didn't feel it warranted a new release just to add a single image.

8. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

do you want a way to stick posts to the top of your homepage, or do you just want to display some info on top of your homepage, as there are a couple of plugins as far as I remember that just show a text that you specify above all other posts..

9. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

++ for Vent.

Also, I noticed in WP 2.7 sticky posts will be built in.

10. eswhite
    Posted 15 years ago #

@Ovidiu What plugins are you thinking of? One of my users really wants sticky posts (or something similar) but Vent looks to complicated for my user base.

11. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Actually this may be added to core in the future:

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7457

12. jefbak
    Posted 15 years ago #

I just joined the forum and this post caught my eye. I am setting up faculty pages in wpmu that will post information about the faculty member in the first post that should always remain at the top of their page, and then any new posts will need to come after (most recent first).

I could not completely tell from this thread, how this is currently done with wpmu?

13. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Either the Vent plugin (which does work) or waiting until 2.7 is rolled into MU, which is sometime in November or so.

14. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

@andrea_r - I know this isn't a time nor place but did you get my message?

15. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yep. Gotta reply still. :D (busy day)

16. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

np;)

Oh yes (to All), 'Vent' is really a nice plugin! CoffeinSpain knows his job;)

17. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

@boonika: I think the Spanish coffee industry would go bust if it wasn't for the truck loads that get delivered to me every month :) I've tried de-toxing a few times, my personal best so far is 14 minutes.

18. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

+ cigarets;) - I hope not. Although I doubt that it would do any harm next to those 'cubics' of coffee... same story here. Watch yourself:)

19. Success
    Posted 15 years ago #

Anyway to use Vent to show featured post site-wide instead of just the homepage?

If it's possible, I can use it to show a site wide announcement.

20. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

For site-wide, I'd just copy and paste into the home theme.

Sticky posts should now be built into the 2.6.3 core.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by spiffywiffy
  • Latest reply from tdjcbe