The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to Disable Control (Ctrl) A, C, V in Wordpress? (3 posts)

1. doctorseoul
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

I've had a problem with the contents of my blog being copied by another blog (its basically being plagiarized and I recently discovered this). I've installed a plug-in that disables the right mouse click so users can't use it when they visit my blog but they can still use the Ctrl+A,C,V without any problems and the contents from my blog can still be copied. Is there a plug-in or script that can disable the Control+A, Control+C and Control+V functions so I can upload new content without having to worry that my writing will not stolen or plagiarized? I look forward to your help and support on this very sensitive and important matter. Thank you.

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Um, I don't think you quite understand how it's happening.

They are most likely reading your rss feed into your site, or (much less common) using a scraper program.

Disabling buttons is absolutely useless, as it can a) be circumvented very easily, b) not every computer out there uses ctrl+a(c, or v) for select all, copy, and paste.

Realistically, if you have a feed someone is going to try to steal your stuff for their damn google ad laden site. It happens, and about the only real recourse you have is to a) find where the site is hosted and report them to their host for a TOS violation, and b) report them to google's adsense people.

Note that above I said report them as a TOS violation to their host. If you call it copyright infringement, the process is much different. However, if you report them as violating the hosts TOS by their posting of copyrighted material, it takes a lot of the "red tape" out of it, so to speak.

Also, as a note, you may be in the wrong location. This is the WordPress Multi-User forums. WordPress can be found over here.

3. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

A site that may be helpful: http://www.plagiarismtoday.com

They discuss plugins that you can use to help the situation.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by doctorseoul
  • Latest reply from theapparatus