The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

report abuse (8 posts)

1. Ryan524
    Posted 16 years ago #

is there a plugin for abuse reporting, preferable for reporting both blogs and users.

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

No, you'll have to write your own.

3. gighen
    Posted 16 years ago #

i just added "Report bla bla abuse@mydomain.com" in every footer using 'sed', crude but easy :)

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

surely it would have been easier to put it into the footer function?

I know that some templates don't use the footer but ....

5. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Find a contact form plugin and add it in to your install. You then add it to a Page within your main blog, routing it to your abuse address. Link to it elsewhere on the site like gighen does.

Making sure that all themes support wp_foot() might be a good idea, adding it in if needbe.

6. Ryan524
    Posted 16 years ago #

alright thanks I should be able to write a quck PHP script to foward the details via PHP Send Mail just woundering if if there was something.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I remember seeing a "report comments" pluign for regular WP recently. Haven't tested in in MU.

8. Ryan524
    Posted 16 years ago #

quick question, it's really more about PHP that the report abuse but the reporting script I got looks like this

$message = 'URL of Abusing Blog: ' . $_POST['URL'] . '/n /n Reason Given: ' . $_POST['Reason'];

but in the email outputs

URL of Abusing Blog: test/n /n Reason Given: testing

i tried \n as well i thought one of those was what you use in PHP for a new line. So it would look like this

URL of Abusing Blog: test

Reason Given: testing

Thanks for your help.

About this Topic