The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

If I wanted to write the following sql statements, where would i put them? (5 posts)

1. t3ch33
    Posted 16 years ago #

I basically want to keep track of the members' posts for some type of rewards system that we may implement at a later date. Whenever someone posts a new post or a new comment, I want to write their name and add x amount of points to a table that I will create. When anyone (the blog owners or the person who posted the comment) deletes a post or comment, I'd like it to update the same table to remove x amount of points. What pages would I make these changes? I wanted to do this from scratch so that I can understand it better, but, if there's already a mod like this, you can let me know.

2. t3ch33
    Posted 16 years ago #

*bump* I'd still like help with this. Thanks.

3. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

You'd need to hook into the relevant post functions. I'd be surprised if such a mod didn't already exist

4. t3ch33
    Posted 16 years ago #

I understand that, but that's what I'm asking-where would I find these functions? I'm not familiar with the way WordPress works/working with template engines.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

What you're basically asking is how to make a plugin. :) You know how and what you want to do, you just want to know where to put it, right?

Probably mu-plugins if you want it running all the time.

About this Topic