The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Static page where people join (3 posts)

1. carnold
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello all! I am running 1.3 and want to have a static page and from there people can create their own blog. Something like thoughts.com, with recent posts/comments and this page pulls in new from some other sites. Is this something MUWP can do or do i need to write my own page for this?

2. carnold
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have made this harder than it is......I started over and this is the way i would like it to work. Now i have a question about mu-plugins vs. plugins directory. I understand the mu-plugin folder is where user plugins go, right? And only the single php plugin file goes into that folder, right? But i have some plugins that are multiple php files and when i copy the files into the mu-plugins folder and check my blog plugins, it is a blank page (white). How do i handle plugins like this (multiple files)?

3. PhoenixRises
    Posted 16 years ago #

Mu-plugins are site wide, automatically enabled plugins. "By user" plugins are placed in the plugins folder and need to be activated for use though the Site Admin panel.

Multi page plugins should be in the form of a single php file and a folder which contains the rest of them (or at least usually and are usually packaged as such). Place the php file and folder in the relevant folder from above and away you go.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by carnold
  • Latest reply from PhoenixRises