The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Themes de-activating themselves? (10 posts)

1. bwinn
    Posted 16 years ago #

This may sound odd but I think my themes are somehow de-activating themselves. I have multiple blogs that all use the same themes with a few minor changes in each one. Minor changes include using different plugins in different ones as well as changing the css and small things like that.

The weird part is that randomly, I will click on a blog and it has disappeared. The first time I did this it scared me because I thought my blog was completely wiped out... Come to find out the blog no longer had a theme associated with it so I had to go back into the admin and activate it's appropriate theme. It seems like this problem is starting to occur more regularly and it's starting to annoy me. Anyone know what's going on?

2. shaythong
    Posted 16 years ago #

So you're saying that you use plug-ins that change a user's theme CSS several times?

3. bwinn
    Posted 16 years ago #

nope, just saying I am using one theme for all of my blogs, and some of them are using certain plugins and some of them arent.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

"using different plugins in different ones as well as changing the css"

That might be the culprit. I'm 98% certain it's a plugin's fault though.

5. bwinn
    Posted 16 years ago #

I will try and de-activate the plugins and see if it has anything to do with it. Thanks

6. bwinn
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just talked to my host and they told me this is the problem with my themes:

"The mysql/wordpress error is that Wordpress is trying to pull data from a table that does not exist: wp_23_users. So, whichever blog is wp_23 you will need to see why it is trying to see that table."

I am no programmer myself so I can anyone explain what I need to do here? Sorry but my programmer bailed on me so I am having to take everything on myself. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

7. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Probably some plugin that doesn't call the database correctly.

There isn't any wp_X_users table.

Any calls to the users table should be to $wpdb->users. Accept no substitute.

8. bwinn
    Posted 16 years ago #

Man... So how I find what plugin is doing this quickly?

9. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Turn em off?

10. bwinn
    Posted 16 years ago #

I can totally do that but it will be a hassle because when the themes de-activate it is randomly and not instant. So it will be very hard to pinpoint if there is no other way.

About this Topic