The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Common header for all blogs (12 posts)

1. hwz
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've just installed WPMU on my server and would like to have a common-header & style applied to all blogs site-wide.How can I do this , while still allowing some minor CSS alignment changes later on?
    Thanks!

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Code your themes that way? Pretty simple, really.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yep. give everyone the same theme.

4. hwz
    Posted 16 years ago #

I cant set this on some centralized admincp can I?so if I setup 100 blogs, I've gotta repeat the same process 100-times? :P If so I'll guess I'll just play along :)

5. hwz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok how about I pose the question this way:
    My plan is to have one Master Blog with 1 admin user + 30 Personal blogs
    1. Admin-user uses the master blog to post news/articles etc to ALL blogs
    2. Admin-user can view ALL content posted to ALL blogs on the site.
    3. Admin can then pick certain blog-posts to be published to ALL blogs as a news item.

Does this make things clearer? ;)

6. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well now that's a different question entirely. Intially you were talking about the look of the blog, not the content. By header, we mean the graphic header in the theme. All themes are shared by users.

For what you want to do with posting... MU isn't built like that. (excpet for item #2 - site admin can see everything anyway)

7. hwz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sorry guys , I have 2 forum threads on WPMU and I appear to have posted on the wrong thread this time :P but with regards the header-theme by andrea_r: thats good news :)
    Only question I have now is: Can the admin make a header-graphic fixed & default for ALL blogs?(e.g: coz this a corp blog I wanna have the company logo/banner on all blogs within this WPMU site :)

8. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

9. reggordon
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello forgive my ignorance here but are we talking about how to make a nice header at the top of all blogs like on this site?
    http://betraise.org/blogs/

The yellow thing at the top. It looks great and i would like to try the same for my wpmu set up. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks

10. reggordon
    Posted 16 years ago #

This does the job but sadly this is for members and admin only
    http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/MU-Admin-Bar

Is there a way to make one that will show for non logged in users and maybe even include Dr Mike's Random blog plugin?

all help appreciated as im really lost in the dark here.

thanks

Reg

11. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just take that plugin and remove the check to see if the visitor is logged in.

12. reggordon
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks very much andrea. To tell you the truth ive been looking at the mu admin bar since i posted and i'm loving it. It really is what i am after. Just gonna go see how to add a link to the main blog for logged in users and i think it will have done the job. Highly recommeded. Thanks folks :)

About this Topic