The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Super admin menu (12 posts)

1. denadai2
    Posted 18 years ago #

I don't see anymore the super admin menu... i tried to resolve.. but don't work the function is_site_admin() in wpmu-functions.php

how can i resolve?

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

I am totally confused by your question? personally I think is_site_admin() is pretty self explanitory but I am confused by what you mean when you say "super admin menu." Are you having issues with the main blog or is this another problem?

3. aoco
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I have the same problem. I logged in after installation and had a screen showing all of the WMU stats, users, blogs, etc. After logging out and then back in again, I can't access the page. I'm running off of the latest nightly build with a couple of the vhost patches in place to get it to run. I can create new blogs, but as an admin, I don't have the "superuser" view any longer.

4. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

check the database for the main blog. also, check the table that contains the info on the user you are logging in with.

5. denadai2
    Posted 18 years ago #

super admin menu is the menu were you can set all the things relative multi user wordpress.

6. denadai2
    Posted 18 years ago #

please... i've this error

7. aoco
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I only found one way to resolve this: re-deploying the most of the site. I dumped the database and all of the files (not the directories in the folder) in the wp-inst folder and all of the files at the root index. I dumped the entire database and reinstalled and it worked from that point. It has been working fine for the most part now.

I tried running through the database to find out what the permissions were for each blog and user as described previously but I couldn't find anything that was evident to change which prompted the re-install.

Now that I've looked at the database, I do have a couple of concerns - some of the tables look like they were jumbled together - un-normalized, etc. One table had something like 9 inserts for different blog options for one blog. But this table held different options in each field so it doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you have different options spread among several rows for a single blog rather than having seperate tables and use joins?

8. Stapleton
    Posted 18 years ago #

hmm, I just ran into this problem also when I actived the "plugins" ...and logged backin..site admin gone, is their a way to fix this without having to reinstall?

9. p3bundles
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I have the same problem ... I was able to see my admin 'section' the first time. But now I can't see it anymore.
    I downloaded today (the 16th) ...

10. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

I installed a last nights build and tried to replicate the issue but it was a no go. Everything works fine as far as the admin menu goes. So, it has to be something either related to the server specs or the setup I guess?

11. itdamager
    Posted 18 years ago #

It's not the setup, its wpmu. Here's the fix. No reinstalled needed.

12. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

welp, that would explain why I had no issues, I never changed and updated any information.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by denadai2
  • Latest reply from andrewbillits