The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Not working when a new user signs up (7 posts)

1. willster01
    Posted 16 years ago #

I installed WPMU and was able to access the site and login in with no problem. I can add blogs from the Admin and access them with no problem.

The errors start is a new user tries to add their blog. Once a new blog is created from the website, I am no longer able to access the login page. it just times out and the sign up page returns an error 404 page.

Is there something in the set up I need to do before allowing others to sign up?

As a side note, I can get WPMU to work again if I do a clean install. Again, once someone registers, I am not able to access the login or sign up pages.

Any ideas on this?

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

3. willster01
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the help...

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

And go over the readme file.

5. willster01
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have had success installing mu, but time and time again it stops working when a new user signs up for a blog. The site is visible, but you can no longer access the login page. It just times out...

Currently my hosting company is looking into the errors to see if there is something on their end. Currently they think that it has something to do with the .htaccess file.

If I get a resolution on this I will let you know.

6. jackiedobson
    Posted 16 years ago #

Why not actually read the two files you've been pointed to? Since you're not even giving a link to you site so we can see what is occuring, it shows that you haven't.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Seriously, yeah. Check your htaccess file against htaccess.dist in the same directory.

Might have to bump up max redirects as well. Are you on shared hosting?

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by willster01
  • Latest reply from andrea_r