The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Multisite Trouble with XMLRPC (7 posts)

1. helmi
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi all,

i got a multi site setup running today with domain1.com and domain2.com beeing each one a site and a blog of course at the same time. Now i try to post via xmlrpc (using ecto for mac osx this time). First of all everything works fine, ecto recognizes the 2 blogs as it does with a standard wpmu setup. But when posting to blog 2 it posts to blog 1 by error and after retrieving posts for each blog i get all the posts of blog 1 on blog 2.

I guess this is a multi site plugin issue? Or is it probably a general WPMU XMLRPC problem? Anyone with any knowledge about that?

Best,
    Frank

2. helmi
    Posted 16 years ago #

ok i found out this must be a big WPMU problem. This problem also accures on non-multi site installations and with other blogging tools than ecto.

i tested it on a fresh wpmu install with blogdesk and ecto with the same results. XMLRPC-Posts seem to go to blog id 1 only.

That's kinda weird...

EDIT: This of course happens using a user account that has access to several blogs (including blog 1 in this case).

3. jshare
    Posted 16 years ago #

Frank, can you please open a ticket in trac for this?

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/

4. helmi
    Posted 16 years ago #

i will try ;) never did this before.

5. bloggsbe
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've noticed the same with Ecto3 Beta (and earlier versions). But MarsEdit (mac) has no problem with WPMU and users with several blogs.

So it does not appear to be (just) a MU problem.

--
    RG

6. helmi
    Posted 16 years ago #

hmm i did a test on blogdesk (win) also and the same problem happened. Will retry it with mars edit on mac.

7. helmi
    Posted 14 years ago #

About this Topic