The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Same Theme And Theme Settings On All Blogs? (6 posts)

1. kderentz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi guys. Im new here and fairly new with wordpress. However I have had a ton of experience with Vbulletin, so Im familiar with editing php files.

Here is my delema. I am using the Tarski theme on my site. I have configured it to use a new header image, and left side column. Is it possible to make it that when a new user/blog signs up that they get the same theme set up with the same settings by default? Also is it possible to make it so they cant change their theme?

I did some searching in here prior and looked on WPMUDEV.org and didnt see anything that would do this. Thanks for any help in advance.

2. mdvaldosta
    Posted 16 years ago #

Easiest way is to rename the theme to default and not have any other themes uploaded or activated for use.

3. kderentz
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'll try that out thanks.

4. kderentz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok I tired that out and now the theme Im using pops up at the default one.

Now how do I make it that when the user creates the new blog that the settings for the theme are configured the same as on my main blog? (widget placement,header image, ect).

5. kderentz
    Posted 16 years ago #

I think I figured it out ... in the theme there is a file located at root > library > classes > options.php

For info on editing the specific theme check out:

http://tarskitheme.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=516&page=1#Comment_2432

I just wanted to update this post so that anyone else running into this problem might be able to solve this issue simply.

6. scotm
    Posted 15 years ago #

Can you follow up on this post? Does this allow for all blogs in wpmu using the same theme to share header image (custom), widgets in sidebar, etc.? I'd be interested in learning how to do that.

Cheers

About this Topic