The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

redirecting to wp-admin/profile.php the possible cause of error and solution (5 posts)

1. wep
    Posted 16 years ago #

possible cause of the error of trac @425 and basic solution.

the error is chang prefix in tables, in all versions.

Is Basic, I am install new wordpress mu 1.3.2 with sub directories, first in wp-config-sample change wp_ prefix to asd89_ and install from domain.com correctly but the problem is what one user create account and when login from domain.com/newblog/wp-login.php nice all good , but login from domain.com/wp-login.php redirect to domain.com/wp-admin/profile.php, because change of prefix, solution: install with prefix wp_ and resolute problem, now login work in front page for users and admin, now redirect fine.

I deduce what... must modify something in the tables if install wpmu with another prefix.

2. wep
    Posted 16 years ago #

if you want to use one plugin, Login in front page, one good plugin i find:

put in index php, header or sidebar, of u theme <?php login_here(); ?>

in mu plugins: http://86confessional.com/mint/pepper/tillkruess/downloads/tracker.php?uri=http%3A//86confessional.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/loginanywhere-110.zip

work fine ;)

3. jackiedobson
    Posted 16 years ago #

Why not put this information over on the trac then? I think that's where it should go.

4. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

What does this have to do with a username having capital letters?

That's what ticket 425 is.

While I don't disagree that this appears to be an issue, I tested with the same response, what that tells me is that it would appear that somewhere there may be a hardcoded wp_ prefix.

5. wep
    Posted 16 years ago #

lunabyte, no capital letters, the problem is users they get redirected to wp-admin/profile
    sorry, is Ticket #427, i add in track my solution.

with
    $table_prefix = 'wp_'; in config non is problem,

I am afraid that my solution is partial. and the change of prefix in tables supposes more security

About this Topic