The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Intranet installation troubles (4 posts)

1. Grayda
    Posted 16 years ago #

I work at a school and we've installed standard WordPress for an English class. Teachers are loving the idea of blogging and wish to have their own. So I suggested MU as a way of managing all the blogs and such in one place. We use an intranet: http://sch-intranet-1/ to host the standard WordPress installation. We also use IIS 5 and PHP5 to host the files.

Upon installing WordPress MU, we find that we can't log in. The login page keeps redirecting back to itself with no visible error messages. I've installed a debugger and have spent a while trying to work out why it keeps redirecting back to wp-login.php but to no avail. Then again I had a late night last night and probably missed the line(s) in my half-asleep stupor..

I recall reading (in a topic I cannot seem to find through the search) that WPMU won't install unless it's in the form of whatever.com (for example), but there was no reason or patch / hack given. We're unable to install it to another server that has external access, because of the way internet access is restricted within the school

Can anyone suggest a solution or some kind of help towards a solution? The school year has just started and we'd like to have something running really soon.

2. mhz
    Posted 15 years ago #

i have same problem with wpmu 1.5 & 2.6. i can't login after installation complete. login page redirect to itself and not enter admin panel.
    nobody here to help me????????

3. mhz
    Posted 15 years ago #

please help me...

4. nocor
    Posted 15 years ago #

you could also ise the servers local dns name, presuming you are running a local domain. eg sch-intranet-1.schoolname.local

About this Topic