The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU as CMS for vertical market? (5 posts)

1. bcamp1973
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello! i'm currently evaluating various CMS platforms. i have the most experience with WP and I like it's simplicity. My question is, compared to the likes of drupal, joomla etc. How does WPMU stack up as a general CMS? We're hoping to go after a vertical market to take advantage of code/plugin reuse and we'd love to have a single admin access point for all our clients. Anyone with experience in such issues care to weigh in with your thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Mattz
    Posted 16 years ago #

I don't get these questions every time. I have spend 2-3 weeks on finding what I needed and finally chose for this because of my own reasons.

We can't see what you want with it, so you have so figure that part out on your own.

3. RavanH
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'd go for Drupal in a multi user / domain setup if you want a all round CMS. WordPress is great for blogging and can be converted through plugins to do other nice things ;) but you will, in the end, find it's limitations relatively soon when you want more than a weblog... Drupal has a steep learning curve but it will give you much more than a 'simple' blog.

4. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

i tried drupal and dropped it because of the things Mu can do. many people successfully use wmpu as a CMS system.

5. erick_paper
    Posted 16 years ago #

If one is willing to spend time learning the kind of messy curve that Drupal throws at them, then I'd rather spend time with a sound platform such as Expression Engine (EE). Otherwise, WP MU does a lot of things. If you search on this site, WP itself can also be used for multiblogging but with some changes to wp-config: http://snipurl.com/wpmulti1

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by bcamp1973
  • Latest reply from erick_paper