The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Plugins - Mu Plugins (7 posts)

1. espinoza
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

I have chosen to start a community of nature life blogging enthusiasts, I have set my community fine, I added themes to the admin so bloggers may use different skins, I think the testing phase is passed, so now I have an issue with my plugins and mu plugins, let me explain:

I know that if I save a widget on my plugins folder all bloggers will have the chance to use it on them blogs just by activating it on plugins, If I add them in MU Plugins, users wont see the plugins on the plugin area, otherwise they will not be able to use it.

Now the thing is that I add some widgets like the
    ada_active_blogs_widget.php
    ada_new_blogs_widget.php
    ada_updated_blogs_widget.php

on my MU plugins folder so I just want to use them on main blog, not for bloggers, but when I test the account using another test blog account, I can see on the Presentation >> Widgets area these plugins I supposed to add only for my main account.

What can I do to fix this?

Please let me know

Best

Espinoza

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 16 years ago #

searching would have helped you, but luckily I remember two ways: one is to use the plugin manager plugin,from the same author as the firestats plugin, which allows you to enable certain plugins for certain blogs, even set them to autoactivate, the other solution is to make a small hack to wpmu telling it to load all plugins inside a certain folder, lets call it my-plugins only for the admin blog.
    the solution was posted here, unfortunately I do not remember the posters name but you can find it here.

3. adisonedu
    Posted 15 years ago #

When you are using multiple themes/skins you have to make sure that within the code of the theme that it can accept the plugin. Here is an example:

I have a basic Wordpress upload that comes with a calendar plugin but when I change the theme the calendar is not available for that theme. Reason: There was never any code; <?php ajax_calendar (); ?> within the sidebar of the newly added theme.

Your themes lack all the code to accept all the plugins.

4. vinod_41
    Posted 14 years ago #

Same I want to do :)

1. keeping few selected plugins for main Blog and reset several plugins available for users so that then can select what they need to activate for them.

2. Similarly, I want to do this for themes :p
    I need to keep main blog theme different (edited) others may not use it.

How ?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

2. Disable the theme sitewide, enable for just your blog. (See Site Admin -> Blogs -> Edit)

users can't edit themes in MU, not even site admins.

6. vinod_41
    Posted 14 years ago #

cool. thanks for nice suggest

7. vinod_41
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello,
    templates are doing good now,

BUT plugins are still showing up for users.

IF I move plugins manually in any directory mu-plugins OR plugins it displayes at nowhere, Rather I had to upload it via admin ->add new plugins and it is displaying each activated plugin in user account/blog as well.

NO, i've not installed sitewide.still showing in users blog.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by espinoza
  • Latest reply from vinod_41