The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

TopicShare.com using Wordpress MU (6 posts)

1. Mabobo
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just thought we'd show off our new blogging site at: http://topicshare.com/ using a web 2.0 template. Any suggestions? Comments? most appreciated.

2. netfreehost
    Posted 15 years ago #

Good design. The template is custom made or template for wpmu home page is available for download some where ?

3. suleiman
    Posted 15 years ago #

i like the idea. So basically you're letting folks setup forums for free?

4. Mabobo
    Posted 15 years ago #

We were using Wordpress MU on TopicShare - but it became a spam farm within a few weeks - MU needs to desperately address its spam controls - as it's seriously giving blogging a bad name.

We love MU - we've set up up on at least 5 servers over the past year (all removed now) - but until it finds an "easy" and effective way of reducing automatic splog creation - we removed them as it affects our revenue and made our sites look amateurish.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, I hate to give a standard answer but I know if you asked any dev, they'd say "that's what plugins are for". (although I agree soem way may be able to be addressed thru the code itself)

We've gone over the topic of splogs countless times, and a few of us have slowed them down to almost nil without a whole lot of effort.

So, what did you try on your installs?

6. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

@mabobo - not sure what you guys are doing over there. there are at least a half dozen solutions to this in the forums. You might wanna consider some WP plugins or akismet.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by Mabobo
  • Latest reply from demonicume