The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Actual Image Location (8 posts)

1. Maedi
    Posted 16 years ago #

Say you see an URL like this:
    http://sourdom.sourdough.net.au/files/2006/06/new%20starter%20day%203.JPG
    Where is the actual path for these files on the server? (example: /public_html/.../sourdom/new%20starter%20day%203.JPG)

2. ssbansal
    Posted 16 years ago #

public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/(YourBlogID)/files

Hope that helps

3. Maedi
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks, that helps a lot. I have a blog with an ID of 13, but can't find it in blogs.dir. There are only ID's like 1059, 1178, 1438 but not 13. Why would this be?

4. jackiedobson
    Posted 16 years ago #

Because blog #13 hasn't uploaded any images. The subdirectory only gets created when the first image is uploaded.

Considering that the URL you've provided 404's, are you sure it should be under blog #13?

5. Maedi
    Posted 16 years ago #

It should be under blog #13, but as I posted earliler:
    http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=7600&page&replies=1
    My blog site is quite a mess, with Apache URL Rewrite causing 404 errors on every page and image.

Maybe this blog id is incorrect? Blog #13 at one stage, did have many images, until my URL Rewrite problem. Maybe they've somehow been deleted?

6. peiqinglong
    Posted 16 years ago #

Are you using the multi-site manager?

7. prazim
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am having the same problem. I am using the mu version and it is uploading images fine and storing them on the server but then can't find them to present with the post. I am wondering if I have to customize a setting. This is not the default account/blog mu created on install, but one I added. You can view it here: prayergatherer.halfthekingdom.org

8. PBO
    Posted 15 years ago #

So there is really no way to put images on folders right?

About this Topic