The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Registration users ...impossible? (11 posts)

1. Ste_000
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hi, when i started to use Wpmu there was the registration of users for each blog, now the registration there isn't ! my question is there is a solution to restore the registration function? wp-register.php don't work......thanks, bye ste

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

I think you just have to add them manually through the admin panel. although, I can't imagine that it would be too hard to write a script that would do this from outside the admin panel. It's really just adding data to the DB.

3. jamesliu
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I don't think it's possible in the admin panel either. You can only add existing users to blogs they don't already have access to...

4. kabouter
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

The function to add new users to an existing blog is still in the code, but you have to uncomment it in wp-admin/users.php.
    See: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/581

5. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Are you sure? Not in my 18 Dec build I think (but I could alwauys be wrong - and frequently am)

6. Ste_000
    Posted 18 years ago #

in my 18 dec build there isn't :(....how can do?

7. itdamager
    Posted 18 years ago #

Just grab the old code from SVN.

8. Ste_000
    Posted 18 years ago #

thanks itdamager...excuse me but which is the code to add to my users.php? thanks again ;)

9. itdamager
    Posted 18 years ago #

Towards the bottom is a whole section of code that was commented out. And an exit statement in the adduser section would need deleted to.

Seems this stuff was taken out for security concerns, but hey, its your wpmu! Do what ya want and don't blame me :)

10. Ste_000
    Posted 18 years ago #

tanks again itdamager ! you are a monster of wpmu !! compliments! ...now in autors and users wpmu displays the form to add users but when i try to add obtain : This function is disabled. Add a user from your community.

and when i go to wp-register the server tell me the page doesn't exist ! but the page is on the server !

ps. i don't found "exit;" function in case add user...is that the problem? thanks ;)

11. itdamager
    Posted 18 years ago #

ste- Its going to take some programming to get it going but anyone with some basic php knowledge should be able to make it work. Everything needed can be found in the old svn code.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by Ste_000
  • Latest reply from itdamager