The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wordpress directory plugin (13 posts)

1. adrianghe
    Posted 16 years ago #

There are 2 directory plugins for wordpress but does anyone know how to make them work on mu? I've tried wp-directory which has more functionality in my opinion but after i activate it nothing works anymore
    Does anyone know how to make it work or is it just not compatible?

2. matt123
    Posted 16 years ago #

I had a version running but ran into some problems removing listings and images. Currently I don't know of a directory plugin that works for wpmu. If you find one I'd love to hear about it.

3. jackiedobson
    Posted 16 years ago #

Does anyone know how to make it work or is it just not compatible?

First thing I would try, after reading the debugging script that the readme file links to, is to check your webserver's error logs to see if you're getting an error. I believe you were pointed in that direction in your last post.

Second thing I would do is tell us what you mean by "not working anymore' since you're the only one who can see what is actually occurring.

4. adrianghe
    Posted 16 years ago #

i will do that (checking the server errors)!
    Not working anymore means i try loading pages from my site and they are all blank and i have to rename the plugins directory for it to work again.
    matt what version did you have?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

So that means the plugin has soem sort of error and causes the site to crash. No need to rename the folder, just remove the plugin.

likely it needs to be re-written for MU.

Did you check your error logs?

6. adrianghe
    Posted 16 years ago #

well the browser gives a http 500 error and the session error log gives an error after listing the plugins directory. don't quite know how to dig deeper into that as i am still a beginner. 10x for the fast replies

7. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

What does the directory plugin do anyway?

8. adrianghe
    Posted 16 years ago #

something like a link directory. where you/anyone can add sites/blogs with descriptions in categories/subcategories.

i need to make a blog list for my site(not just the blogs hosted on my WPMU install) so that people can browse find certain blogs by category add their own blogs rate them etc

9. adrianghe
    Posted 16 years ago #

tried getting support on the plugin homepage but it seems there's nobody there. Is there anybody else who has tried this plugin on MU?

10. robbysusanto
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi, I am newbie in WPMU

I just installed my first WPMU, but I can't see "Plugins" button in the Admin Dasboard.

What I do some wrong from installation ?

11. adrianghe
    Posted 16 years ago #

you should probably enable plugins from the site admin tab

12. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

there's a blog category plugin out there somewhere - I just can't find it at the moment.

13. adrianghe
    Posted 16 years ago #

i googled it and found this
    http://certiopensource.blogspot.com/2007/05/wordpress-mu-blog-categories-plugin.html
    its probably not what you were talking about but this could help me too for cathegorizing blogs at signup as well.
    in any case please tell me more about this plugin so i can look for it too :)

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by adrianghe
  • Latest reply from adrianghe