The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New User's theme is alway WP Classic, how to make it default to something else? (6 posts)

1. horrorshow
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

During user signup and registration, the WPMU always defaults to WP Classic theme, even if I have disabled all themes but one that I've customized.

I know that it's a great feature to be able to have different themes at the user's disposal, but I want them to go to the one that I've customized.. and then if they choose to select another theme, I want them to change it then.

How do I do this? I've tried disabling all but one theme, and created a test site. It still defaulted to the WP classic theme.

much appreciated,
    HorrorShow

wp-signup.php

2. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

rename the theme you want to tbe default to 'default'. delete the wordpress theme.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

4. horrorshow
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks, that did the trick.

5. overclockwork
    Posted 15 years ago #

Instead of renaming the theme folders which will end up in mayhem I suggest to let the templates named intact and make use of this method:
    http://www.ringofblogs.com/2007/12/21/wpmu-new-blog-settings-plugin/

Put the following code into a file and drop it into mu-plugins. Note: ubox-rc2 is the name of the theme that will be default.

<?php
    	// set default theme for new blogs to: ubox-rc2
    	function new_blogs_setting( $blog_id )  {
    		update_option('Template', 'ubox-rc2');
    		update_option('Stylesheet', 'ubox-rc2');
    		return;
    	}
    	add_action('wpmu_new_blog', 'new_blogs_setting');
     ?>
  6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"Instead of renaming the theme folders which will end up in mayhem I suggest to let the templates named intact"

The templates DO in fact remain intact. MU had hardcoded things in there in case of theme screw-up, it will default to whatever theme is inside the *folder* called "default". Doesn't matter what the theme or template files are called. It just looks for that folder name.

And it's no extra lines of code.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by horrorshow
  • Latest reply from andrea_r