The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Homepage to default to specified blog (5 posts)

1. JuddMuir
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

I'd like the homepage of the site to go straight to a specific blog, rather than the current aggregated homepage.

Is that possible? (I can't see a config option)

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

The homepage of the site goes to the *default* blog, which belongs to admin. Change the theme on the main blog, and that'll show up rather than that aggregated page (which is just a special page in the "home" theme).

3. jackiedobson
    Posted 16 years ago #

Andrea, I believe the poster is asking how to get visitors to be dropped onto a different page besides the home.php when they log in.

4. JuddMuir
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi, thanks for the reply. In fact, Andrea is spot-on - I want the home page to be the default blog, but not an aggregated blog.

I tried changing themes in the backend: First it took me awhile to work out that "Active: Yes" and "No" are the wrong way around for the radio buttons in "Site Admin->Themes"...

Once I'd activated all the templates by setting them to "No" (ahem), I went to "Site Admin->Blogs->Edit Blog" and activated all the themes for the default blog.

And finally, I went to "Presentation->Themes" and clicked on the one I wanted.

Success! Thanks!

5. jackiedobson
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sorry about that. We have a client who does it the way I was talking about.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by JuddMuir
  • Latest reply from jackiedobson