The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Free Visitors Statistics Plugin (9 posts)

1. Mattz
    Posted 16 years ago #

I was looking for a free statistics plugin for my WPMU install.

Firestats is no option because it's paid (in my situation) with a license and upgrades are also not free. In my opinion I'm limited in usage of that script so I'm looking for an good alternative.

The original Wordpress version is no option also because it has to connect using the API key to the outside world.

I looked at WP-Slimstat what seesm to be nice, but is not usable on WPMU by default.

I still have to check if that version can be easily change to WPMU, most of the time it's just a DB prefix we need.

If there are more alternatives, would be nice to have them showed here.

Thanks

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Shortstas works, doesn't it?

3. Mattz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi Andrea,

That one would do the trick, thanks !

I never thought of that one (at 7:00 am :))

I have the idea that this one is not very different from firestats actually.

4. RavanH
    Posted 16 years ago #

Andrea, thanks for that suggestion. Will surely check it out too :)

Have you noticed any of the problems mentioned on the WP forums regarding Shortstat? Keeping connection alive, database bloat, anything?

5. Mattz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Andrea, have you seen some issues when you enable this plugin that the tables are not created ?

It worked once for me, maybe one of the plugins that I use cause this, but when I disable all plugins on my testinstall, it's still not created.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I haven't used it, but I know drmike used it it in a lot of sites. He may have had to do a couple minor tweaks.

7. Mattz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok, let's hope he will respond here when he sees the topic.

Thanks.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

You'll have to search and see what he said in the past, as his account has been disabled by staff.

9. Mattz
    Posted 16 years ago #

OK, thanks for noticing.

About this Topic