The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Does any get errors in widgets.php? (8 posts)

1. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have lots of these:

[Thu Mar 27 17:26:58 2008] [error] [client x] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /.../wp-includes/widgets.php on line 533

Most errors are shown when a visitor comes from a search engine, but not always. What could be wrong? I tried replacing with a fresh file but its still there. Could it be some widget causing this? (I guess widget widgetbox could be related?)

2. MrBrian
    Posted 16 years ago #

Most likely a plugin with a bug. Hard to trace with that error really.

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 16 years ago #

It's always a plus to search first when you get an error.

What charset is your databases?

4. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well d'oh, I didnt even bother to search the regular WP forums...went straight here as I usually do.

Sorry :P

The post with the solution I found says to delete define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
    define('DB_COLLATE', '');

in wp-config.php

but I am skeptical about deleting stuff from config files.

5. tdjcbe
    Posted 16 years ago #

Searching with site:wordpress.org pulls both sites.

That's why I asked you about the charsets of your database. I'm wondering if maybe you're trying to use utf8 while your databases are something else.

6. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

I used to have latin encoding for the database I believe, and after a server move I changed to UTF8. Now I had to restore a database backp because of a faulty hard disk and I had to reset the database to utf8. During the restore all characters like ñ and accents got all weird.

Probably thats giving me the errors.

7. tdjcbe
    Posted 16 years ago #

You may want to reinstall the db as latin and do a convert. Do a search for 'mysql latin to utf8' w/o the quotes as it's a common issue. You should find bunches of scripts.

8. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

Oh god, this seems like so much work.

I'll do it once I back my home connection.

About this Topic