The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Relink User Data (1 post)

1. NoReason
    Posted 16 years ago #

Heylo!

I could really use your help with a couple of minor problems. It's not urgent, but as always, the sooner I can find a solution, the better. To be clear - this is not specifically a problem with Wordpress MU (I love it) - but a problem created through a reinstallation.

I had to tear out my old installation of Wordpress MU because I had been lax with upgrading it, and needed to switch to subdirectory to subdomain. So, I downloaded a backup of my database, exported the blogs and downloaded all of the custom stuff I had done that I wanted to port over to the new installation.

I've pretty much gotten the whole site back up and running. A friend who is more technically savvy than I am dumped the user table back in after I reimported the blogs. There's just a couple of problems that arose from that:

1. The users are no longer associated with a blog. I know I can manually go through and type in each user name through 'Site Admin' - but I was hoping there was an easier way to do that from the db backup.

2. User comments are no longer linked with their users. Now because of the reinstall, a lot of ID numbers are not going to be the same, so does anyone have an idea of a script/plugin/simple ssh command that would find comments and users by another unique data set (username?) and relink them?

Your help with this is always appreciated.

D

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by NoReason