The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Multiple Domain Admin Login Issue (6 posts)

1. mrdon
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have wpmu working great on multiple domains. The problem I am having is being able to login to other sites (besides the main one) as admin. When I click on "Backend" for one of the sites, it directs to to a login page for that site. If I login with the "admin" credentials, it simply redirs me to the cpanel for the main site. I can only login to the other sites as a different user.

Any ideas of what I could do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon

2. honewatson
    Posted 16 years ago #

INSERT INTO <code>wp_sitemeta</code> VALUES (39, 3, 'site_admins', 'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"admin";}');

You need to open up phpmyadmin and run an sql query like the one above.

You'll need to change the numbers 39, 3,. 39 is the newest number for records in wp_sitemeta so if records go up to 26 then you'll need to make the number 27.

The number where 3 is, is the site_id for the domain. Remember to backup your database.

3. mrdon
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the reply...I'll give it a shot.

4. honewatson
    Posted 16 years ago #

INSERT INTO 'wp_sitemeta' VALUES (39, 3, 'site_admins', 'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"admin";}');

wp_sitemeta needs to have backticks but the comments editor here does something funny with backticks.

5. mrdon
    Posted 16 years ago #

OK, thanks.

Will I need to run this each time I add a new blog?

6. honewatson
    Posted 16 years ago #

Make sure you have the latest version of multi site manager.

http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/Multi-Site-Manager

Make sure you select clone site and clone the initial site you set up with the admin. Or you can create a new site with every important feature. Select that site to clone.

Make sure site_admins is checked.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by mrdon
  • Latest reply from honewatson