The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

1 2 3

WordPress MU 1.5RC1 (68 posts)

1. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've just posted to my blog about the first 1.5 release candidate.

In summary, test it on a development server, don't put it live. Backup everything just in case.

Grab it here: WordPress MU zip file

2. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for this donncha. You're the man.

3. bloggsbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Works just fine on my test server. Uploading multiple files, inserting gallery, showing/using gallery in posts...

So far so good!

Nice work!

--
    Rune

4. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man

5. italways
    Posted 15 years ago #

I believe multi-file uploader should be ok, but I did not get it shown on my test site with this latest build, it is not like a Flash version issue because I can see and use the multi-file uploader on Wordpress.com use the same IE on the same machine, does anybody have any idea about it? is there any big difference with this build and the Wordpress.com? thanks!

6. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

italways - there are some changes. Do you see the flash uploader on a WordPress 2.5 install?

7. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

I don't see the flash uploader on Ubuntu Gutsy.

8. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

Mac OS 10.5.2
    Apache 2.2.8
    PHP 5.2.6

CentOS 5
    Apache 2.2.8
    PHP 5.2.6

Uploader working just fine on both platforms.

9. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sorry, I meant I don't get the flash uploader working client side - from my Ubuntu Desktop. Works ok from Vista.

10. intoxination
    Posted 15 years ago #

Honewatson - make sure you are running the latest version of the Flash player plugin. There were some issues in earlier plugins with sockets and uploads (in the early version of Flash Player 9). The Flash upload works fine for me in Gutsy, running 9.0.115

11. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

I can login as administrator without a problem but when I try to go administrate members blogs I get kicked out and have to register again. Anyone knows why this is happening?

12. italways
    Posted 15 years ago #

donncha - I just had a try on a new installed Wordpress 2.5 on my test site, the same problem happens, multi-file uploader does not show, neither "insert gallery to post" button, my test site is on Bluehost.com:

Apache version 2.2.8 (Unix)
    PHP version 5.2.5

I noticed that there is an error icon on my IE status bar when the problem happens, the following error information shows when click this error icon:

"
    Line: 145
    Char: 2
    Error: Object expected
    Code: 0
    UR: http://testwpmu.com/wp-admin/media-upload.php?......
    "

do you have any idea what could cause this problem, except the Flash version? because I can use the muli-file uploader on Wordpress.com using the same IE on the same machine. thanks!

13. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

I also don't see gallery button, image button, video button, music button. Just that star-shape media button.

Site is hosted by (mt)

14. selad
    Posted 15 years ago #

For some uploader issues and solutions see:
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/164999
    (donncha - are these fixes already in?)

boonika - I think the rest of the icons were removed and only the media one is left.

15. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Boonika - yes only the Media button is available.
    See here: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/598

16. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

So what does it actually mean? We can't upload or add all file types... or? I ask this because the 'Image' uploader window looks different than 'Media' uploader window (I've seen inside WP 2.5 administration).

What about gallery image (button)? Will we ever be able to upload folders as galleries or images to galleries like WP 2.5 users do?

17. italways
    Posted 15 years ago #

just wonder is it the multi-file uploader and gallery problem could realted to Apache and PHP version. my Flash version seems ok, becasue I can use the multi-file uploader and "gallery insertion" on Wordpress.com using the same IE on the same machine.

18. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sorry all but I'll post this once again. I need to know if someone has the same problem.

I can login as administrator without a problem but when I try to go administrate members blogs I get kicked out and have to register again. Anyone knows why this is happening?

19. italways
    Posted 15 years ago #

lunabyte - is your test site online? would you like to show me your site? I wanna have a look at your multi-file uploader, I did not see any working multi-file uploader on internet up to now, except Wordpress.com, thanks!

20. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

All of my test platforms are closed to the public. Sorry.

21. italways
    Posted 15 years ago #

it seems this wp bug http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6443 goes to wpmu as well, I fixed it, now multi-file uploader and gallery are all okay now:)

22. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

I seem to have some performance gains.

23. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

@italways

I can't find those lines of code inside media.php

24. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sorry, I was looking inside wrong media.php

25. italways
    Posted 15 years ago #

I found another bug from wp comes to wpmu as well

The image crunching issue, http error occurs after upload the image, I can fix this issue by adding the following into the .htaccess file, but I can not fix it on wpmu by means of this.

"<ifmodule mod_security.c>
    <files async-upload.php>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </files>
    </ifmodule>"

Does anyone has any idea about it? thanks!

26. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

@ boonika,

I am experiencing the same problem with being able to login as admin, then having to login twice for a regular user. Anyone else having this issue?

I am also unable to upload any files at all, but I am about to follow the links given here to try and fix it.

27. italways
    Posted 15 years ago #

@ awarner20

I have the twice login problem too, I suppose it is a cookie issue, change some code about cookie could reslove it, but I am not very sure, I will keep a look at it.

28. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have gotten a step farther with being able to upload an image successfully using the .htaccess method described here.

From what I understand it turns off your hosts' mod_security for the wp-admin directory. This at least will let you know to contact your host and ask them to make the change.

After doing this, I was able to upload an image, HOWEVER, when hitting the "Insert to Post" button, nothing happens, just white screen.

I think I am going to remove the flash uploader and cross my fingers for a definitive solution. The "No Flash Uploader" plugin can be downloaded here.

29. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

@ italways,

Before this upgrade, I had a fix applied to my wp-login.php file because of a "cookies disabled" error.

The fix for the old wp-login.php was this...

Replace line 313 in this way:
    // if ( $_POST && empty($_COOKIE[TEST_COOKIE]) )
    if ( $_POST && (sizeof($_COOKIE)==0))

I have looked in the newest wp-login.php and tried using this code, but I'm afraid nothing I have done has worked so far. Maybe this will lead you in the right direction?

30. italways
    Posted 15 years ago #

@ awarner20

turn off the mod_security did reslove the similar image problem on my wp 2.5 test site, but it does not help on my wpmu 1.5 RC1 test site, hope donncha could come back to this thread and sort it out soon.

1 2 3

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by donncha
  • Latest reply from lunabyte