The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Request for payed help! (11 posts)

1. logge
    Posted 15 years ago #

I need some help with my MU.
    I was all the time working with bloghoster and Now since I moved to MU I have no enaugh time to learn all.

What I need is following:

1. Ability to allow users install their own themes and modify them like if their Wordpress blog was installed on their domain.
    2. Ability to allow them add domains domainname.COM to their blog on Subdomain that I host http://www.log.ge

Tell me how to contact you... MSN, SKYPE, ICQ

2. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

"Ability to allow users install their own themes and modify them like if their Wordpress blog was installed on their domain."

That's going to make a huge security hole. One that will take down your site by even the most novice script kiddie.

3. bwinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

What I dont get is, if wordpress.com can do it, which is essentially wpmu. Why can't WPMU allow this type of a thing without causing a huge security issue??

4. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

Last time I checked, wp.com didn't include the theme editor either.

Themes have the need for PHP. User + PHP = BAD SECURITY.

5. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

No, On Wordpress.com you can add your own CSS (paid upgrade) but not install or edit themes.

6. bwinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh I am sorry, thats what I meant... Editing the CSS.... Oh totally, editing the raw code or PHP would be a disaster. Is there a way to allow users to edit the css?

7. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

Wouldn't a simple plugin create this CSS functionality. I mean you already have that functionality in standard wordpress. Just create it with minus the php.

8. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

All it should need is some sort of admin panel with a text area to enter the CSS in. Store the CSS in the options table and then pull it out in the wp_head action as the last action so that the new CSS overrides all the earlier link styles.

Now if only I had the time...

logge: I can probably put the plugin for editable CSS together for you if you are ok with it being released as open source later. Pop me a line via my site. I'm not taking on any paid work at the moment, but if you want to make a donation to Oxfam and the Gurkha welfare trust (in support of my attempt at immortality) via the link below it would be appreciated:

http://www.justgiving.com/trailrunners

9. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's already been released and well-hidden in xiandos' social networking pack.
    now if only I could find the link again..

10. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

You mean this one?

http://xsnp.livelyblog.com/

11. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

yep.

About this Topic