The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Install wpmu in a directory and subdomains activated without directory path (4 posts)

1. dinamic
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi!

I've installed wpmu in a server.com/wpmu so if you go to this path you will find the main page of wpmu wih latests posts etc.

Then i selected to have subdomains working, so my user blogs must ave this path username.server.com/wpmu

But i don't find the way to change this userblog path with to another like this username.server.com/ without any reference to the directory where has benn installed the wpmu.

In Wp there is an option to set where de wp is located and what URI adress must have the blog to be accessible. So you can have a wp in /directory and access trough another path.

Is any solution available?

The second solution may be install the wpmu in the server root, so the user blogs can have this username.server.com/ path, but i need to have the main page of the community updates in this path username.server.com/wpmu because the server is not only for wpmu. Is this possible to be done? How?

Can you help me?

thanks a lot!!

2. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

You put it in a subdirectory, and that's where it will be served from.

Searching the forums would have lead you to this same question more times than many of us care to count.

If you don't want it in a subdirectory, install it in the web root. If you can't do that, buy another domain.

3. dinamic
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for your quick reply! ;)

I know how to install it in a subdirectory like subdirectory.server.com, and then i know that i can do any of the two choices: subdomains or not.
    I also know how to install in the root and in a directory.

But my question is not this, may be i did not write well.

My personal case is:

1. I need the main page, may be home.php or index.php in a path like server.com/section

2. I need to have all the users blogs in a path like username.server.com

So i don't want to show the directory in the user blogs.

So, to solve this i've got two options:

a) Install de wpmu in the "section" directory name. And then modify some parameters of wpmu (like is possible to do with wp) and all the users blogs must be accessible without any mention of this "section" directory.
    But i don't find the way to change this.
    Any help?

or

b) Install wpmu in the server root, so all the users blogs must have if i activate the subdomains their path like username.server.com, and then i need to display de index.php or home.php page in this path server.com/section.
    is this possilbe and easiest than option a? how can i do this?

Do you nderstand me?

Thanks a lot!! ;)

4. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi Dinamic.

I have exactly the same problem.

Did you solve it?

About this Topic