The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New User Registration Not Working..Please Help.. (7 posts)

1. pcfactorweb
    Posted 15 years ago #

MU appears to be installed correctly i.e. everything is working, I have had my host setup dns wildcard. however when a new user attempts to register it goes through the process and sends out the authentication email. When you click on the link it comes back subdomain.domain.com can't be found, in other words it's not creating it at all...I have MU installed in the root directory. Any help or advice please?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

then the wildcards aren't done correctly.

Another way to check - type in a fake blog name on your system like doesnotexsits.yourdomain.com. If it goes to the signup page, then you're good and there's other issues. if it doesn't, then 99% the wildcards aren't set up right.

3. pcfactor
    Posted 15 years ago #

I tried going to doesnotexist.freebloggersworld.com and it went to the same cannot find server default search engine page as I get when trying to validate a new account....I have no clue what to look at next...

4. pcfactor
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm having the dns wildcards checked, sorry, revearsed what I read, I'll have the host check it and then see what happens from there

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Don;t foget to update your DNS records as well. Needs to go there too.

6. gulflee
    Posted 15 years ago #

7. alunsina
    Posted 15 years ago #

i had the happy coincidence of finding a blog which unfortunately, i cannot find again and i'd just like to share the step.

i didnt have to mess with dns and http conf. if youre using Cpanel without WHM, just add a subdomain like you'd normally do. only instead of adding subdomain.domain.com, add *.domain.com.

i dont really know what that asterisk should do but it worked like magic!

8. alunsina
    Posted 15 years ago #

i had the happy coincidence of finding a blog which unfortunately, i cannot find again and i'd just like to share the step.

i didnt have to mess with dns and http conf. if youre using Cpanel without WHM, just add a subdomain like you'd normally do. only instead of adding subdomain.domain.com, add *.domain.com.

i dont really know what that asterisk should do but it worked like magic!

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by pcfactorweb
  • Latest reply from alunsina