The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Payment Gateway?? (10 posts)

1. RedBMedia
    Posted 15 years ago #

Does anyone have any thoughts, ideas, links, articles, stories, dreams, or visions of a payment gateway for MU? I *really* want to charge for my blogs.

If anyone is interested in developing something like this with me as an open source project let me know. I would love to fill this void, but not alone!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/Premium-Lite

So, if you want to charge for blogs, do you have something users are willing to pay for before they even sign up?

3. RedBMedia
    Posted 15 years ago #

I went to that site, but some how missed that the first time. A $50 subscription seems kinda steep for just the Gateway on top of the payment processor's fees.

This doesn't seem like a very hard project to take on. Does anyone want to tackle it with me?

Joe

4. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

I went to that site, but some how missed that the first time. A $50 subscription seems kinda steep for just the Gateway on top of the payment processor's fees.

You can cancel your subscription after the first month if you like. We don't require you to have a current subscription to use the plugins. You just won't have access to new versions, etc without a subscription.

Thanks,
    Andrew

5. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

Andrew, if I had known this, I would have signed up long before! That's really good know and the exact reason I needed to sign up.

6. RedBMedia
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, that sounds a bit better. Do you have any other information published on that plugin other than that one sentence description??? I'd like to know a bit more before I pay.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

It allows you to add packages and for users to buy credits to apply to those packages. Two plugins - ad removal and increase quota are included. It uses Paypal as a gateway and the site admin can decide how many credits apply to each package and how much those credits are purchased for.

Also, with a one-month subscription you have access to *all* of the premium plugins (and support for that length of time). It's well worth it.

8. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

It uses Paypal as a gateway...

What about 'MoneyBookers' and others. I am also interested in participating. $50 ($70 if you want to participate in forum activities, right?) is not a lot of money... especially now when it is a good time to pay in dollars:)

9. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I believe the $50 gets you access to the forum support as well.

10. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yep, it's one price for everything.

Thanks,
    Andrew

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by RedBMedia
  • Latest reply from andrewbillits