The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WP Super Cache plugin idea. (5 posts)

1. wrtaylor
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi,

I'm no coder but I think this plugin/hack would be easy to write for you php guys. And I think it would benefit every one of us MU hosters. The idea:

A simple plugin or hack that allows our users to clear the cache anytime they need to. Not the entire cache, only the directories which holds their blogs cache. The wp-cache and the Super cache directories should be cleared for their blog.

This way we could solve the problem of users seeing cached pages after updating. The 'Clear Cache' button could be in a prominent position for easy access at any time.

Could this work? I believe the cached directories are named using the users blog name, so I think its doable?

Super cache is great for us but can annoy the heck out of
    users. Especially when they upload a new image header and
    can't see the new image... Be nice if they could clear the
    cache themselves.

Thanks

2. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

How about it removed the cached pages automatically when something is changed, like a comment is added to a page, or a new entry is posted?

3. wrtaylor
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi,

Yea that could work but might be more difficult to code.
    I got the "clear cache button" idea from thumbblogger.com, a very successful adult blog service.
    They have a button for users to "clear the cache". All the user understand this and simply press the button after making changes to their blog. Seems to work well...

4. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

I don't know the specific calls off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure it's fairly straight forward to hook into the post action so that the clear cache function could be called automatically. But yeah, providing a button would also work for those that understand what it does.

5. wrtaylor
    Posted 15 years ago #

It seems there has been something similar made before.
    Maybe someone could make it work with WPMU?

http://blog.ftwr.co.uk/wordpress/wp-cache-inspect/

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by wrtaylor
  • Latest reply from wrtaylor