The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to Install MU on Local Computer (8 posts)

1. AliRaja
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi,

i'm facing some problems in installing the MU on my local computer, i have installed the WAMP, also created the databse, but still facing error
    "No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check Debugging WPMU for further assistance"
    Please Tell me what to do...

2. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

You do realize that this is support for WPMU right?

3. freshestnoob
    Posted 15 years ago #

Try to install the normal wordpress first. Then when you get the hang of it, you can install WPMU.

Although I strongly advise you not to toy with MU now. You are not ready for it from the look of things. Get familiar with wordpress first.

4. AliRaja
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sir, with due respect i clear it that i'm a wordpress programmer, and written many plugins for the wordpress, also have made many changes according to the client requirements, So now i want to work in it more, thats why i like to wok in MU, i tried to install it, but faced error, so posted here..................

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

So you checked the readme and follwoed through all the steps, checked error logs, the db and the htacces right?

6. AliRaja
    Posted 15 years ago #

yes sweet heart, i have check all the things, just wanted to know that is there any restriction that it could not install on the local, so thats why i had posted here, for getting quick help. not for getting hard words in reply.

i have not much time ,so thought to have help from here..........

7. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

I presume you didn't try installing to localhost did you? There's an explicit warning in the installer that that does not work!

8. macgruder
    Posted 15 years ago #

Add a dummy domain to /etc/hosts like wp.test

Then add that domain to httpd.conf

In my case, I found that my local box won't process wildcard subdomains so I just add them one by one to /etc/hosts and httpd.conf . local1.wp.test local2.wp.test etc. Since this is the testing box it's not a big deal.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by AliRaja
  • Latest reply from macgruder