The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU Role Manager? (4 posts)

1. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi folks. I know that this is 688763402357135135712nd thread here but I think that this one is worth of your attention. Everybody knows about Role Manager WP plugin and most of you will agree that it is really amazing. So how come that among all those WP plugins, who were adjusted to work with MU, this one was left behind. I know, some will say that plugin developer should do that but still... I'm sure that most of you will agree with me that this plugin would take WPMU to the next level. At least from administrator's point of view. Maybe this plugin exists as a Premium one, I don't know... if it does I will register at wpmudev.org for sure.

Also, please read this post especially '@floogy' part of it: http://www.im-web-gefunden.de/wordpress-plugins/role-manager/#comment-6972

2. WDuluoz
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have had no problems with running Role Manager 2.2.2 within the plugin folder under wp-content (instead of mu_plugins). Its not automatic. Its must be activated for each website, but it works.

3. jalien
    Posted 15 years ago #

I haven't used it for a while, but if I remember it was working as WDuluoz says in a 1.3.3 setup. I did have to turn on the configuration option to allow for spaces. I know there are, boonika said, lots of other posts about it and one of the hacks is here mention by Vimm

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=3983#post-25164

I haven't had time to try it, but maybe someone knows if this would allow the new roles to be added site wide rather than to each blog.

4. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks guys. Finally some reactions:) I really think that more people should get involved around this plugin. Yes, maybe plugin worked inside your WPMU installation but the author strongly recommends to use it on test sites only... I wonder why. This is very powerful plugin. All settings that you define with it are applied forever, even when the plugin is deactivated off. I don9t mind activating it for each blog but auto activation would be better solution for sure. But you can always define default role for new blog owners inside wpmu-functions.php (I think:) and later modify it with this plugin... if it really works (yes, I still have doubts).

About this Topic