The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

pagerank update & better seo for your wpmu site - how did you do? (5 posts)

1. blogono
    Posted 15 years ago #

google updated the pageranks today/yesterday.

how did you do with your sites??

my got a jump from 2 to 4, what about yours?

anyway,
    what can you recommend to drive more visitors to your site and improve the seo results? do you exchange links with other blog providers? or do you know any other tricks you may want to share?

regards,
    mak

2. suleiman
    Posted 15 years ago #

You know what, I'm a pagerank 5. I can't really understand it but I'm not complaining. I was pagerank 4 for the longest time and I couldn't move and I hated it. I guess it serves as proof that natural link building is the way to go.

In other news, page rank isn't everything. I've been trying to get listed as number 1 for "Muslim Blogs" since forever now. A site with a pagerank less than mine is still dominating the scene there (I'm number 4-7 depending on how much love Google's showing me)

The really frustrating part of it is when you have a site that is so much larger, better designed, search engine optimized and search engine friendly but you're STILL batting worse than sites built on Geocities circa 1990.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's getting so I don't even click on the top google results for anything anymore.

4. blogono
    Posted 15 years ago #

yeah,
    you are right. thats a very strange thing with the google love and their results.

somehow it seems that google is arbitrary changing the SERPs and your site gets listed at worse position.

but on the other side these changes are mostly due to google punishments because of your blog spammers and duplicate content writers.

---

anyway,
    do you have any tips for improving your position?? do you post any articles or ask other bloggers to post about your services ??

_ _ _

one tip from me, is to list your site at directories (eg. "free stuff"-directories). thats a nice way to get listed at a high-pageranked site and google detects it as related to a specific topic (blog hosting).

eg
    http://www.thefreesite.com/
    http://www.free-stuff.me.uk/

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

My main MU install stayed the same, at 4.
    My wpmututorials.com went up to a 6. Not complaining. :D

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by blogono
  • Latest reply from andrea_r