The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU Gravatar (10 posts)

1. bloggsbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've made a new version of WP-Gravatar for WPMU.

Basicly you get the same things as the standard WP version, except ;

• MyBlogLg
    • Only site admin can set sitewide default pic
    • Support for Favico

The rest og the standard functions are there.

So your users can choose to use you site wide default gravatar, or chose Wavatar, Identicon or monsterID as their blog default. The users can also change the CSS for showing the Gravatars in the comments.

Give it a try, if you want!

Download WPµ Gravatar 2.5 today :-)

Regards,
    Rune

2. suleiman
    Posted 15 years ago #

This is an excellent addition to the community Rune, but my only gripe is that for MU admins who want to be able to tie in their user's avatars with a latest posts plugin or a listing of blogs on the site, this seems to present more of a hurdle than an in-built avatar system would no?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. bloggsbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, yes and no. Since a latest post plugin or listing of blogs are not a standard part of MU, you (or someone else) have to make such a plugin. So the author of such a plugin has to build in support for the kind of Avatars he or she wants the plugin to support.

On the front page of my MU site, I've made two plugins. One that show a random post that only use Gravatars, and one Widgetish plugin that show the latest post from 10ish blogs that also just support Gravatars.

My thought behind this (and the standard version) was to use with comments, and thus to utilize the different kinds of (gr)avatars in the comment section of blogs.

The rest of the functionality is due to my needs (I know thats kind of an ego trip...).

So basically what I'm (trying) to say, is that this plugin is not trying to be all powerful, but just to serve the needs for (gr)avatars in the comment section and a few other (useful?) things.

And last, there is nothing wrong with utilizing the code from this plugin to make it coexist with other plugins. All of the code is GPL'ed so anyone who wants to make a go on it is more than welcome :-)

Just for the record; I would love to see a built in system that make use of OpenAvatar, Gravatars, Identicons, MyBlogLog, Favico and user uploaded avatars - both in standard WP and in MU ;-)

Best regards,
    Rune

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

if user_is_logged in
    then use local avatar
    or
    if we got fancy and let them use gravatar, pick that

else
    check other services one by one based on email in comment area.

5. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

something like this would be ideal.

6. bloggsbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hmm, Andrea, that's not a bad idea :)

What's the "going" Avatar plugin for MU, anyone?

--
    Rune

7. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

i'm using suleiman's avatar plugin right now. i'm looking at a way to cobble in the 'if' part.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

we need a 36 hour day

9. PBO
    Posted 15 years ago #

is this OK for 1.5 WPMU

thanks

10. bloggsbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

The WPMU Gravatar works just fine with my install of 1.5.x :-)

--
    Rune

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by bloggsbe
  • Latest reply from bloggsbe