The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Header Hacked (6 posts)

1. wvuauthor
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hey all -

My blog, http://www.chrisblogging.com has been having issues with its header. This type of content (hundreds of lines) keeps getting aded even after I delete it:

<body>
    <u style='display:none'> NEWS: Free Phone Ringtones Samsung Sprint Samsung Polyphonic Ringtones

Obviously something is going on, yet I dont know how to fix it. Could somebody be so kind to lend some input or advice on this?

Thanks in advance!

2. moorezilla
    Posted 15 years ago #

This sounds like the vulnerability that wordpress 2.3.3 patched. I think this was fixed in the MU version 1.3.3 as well. Are you running the latest version of MU?

3. wvuauthor
    Posted 15 years ago #

moorezilla - I am not running the latest version, no. Do you think the upgrade to 2.5.1 would fix this issue? Do you know of anybody who can help with this upgrade?

Thanks -

4. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

If you are talking about WP 2.5.1, yes you should upgrade, but remember this is the wordpress multi-user forums and you need to ask straight wordpress questions at http://wordpress.org/support/

Trent

5. moorezilla
    Posted 15 years ago #

Wooo... time out. Are you running wordpress or wordpress mu? They're different animals.

If you are running regular wordpress, i'd definitely upgrade to 2.5.1, since it adds a ton of new features and probably some security fixes too, though you'll have to consult the wordpress site for evidence and details.

If you are running wordpress mu, 1.5.1 is the mu version of the 2.5.1 release of wordpress, but the mu version isn't quite ready yet. As for upgrading, regular wordpress is as easy as uploading all the new files over the old ones and running the upgrade. Mu works along the same lines, but it can be tricky depending upon how many php files you've edited and customized.

6. moorezilla
    Posted 15 years ago #

or you can just read trent's post... lol.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by wvuauthor
  • Latest reply from moorezilla