The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Prologue Theme & Local Avatar (9 posts)

1. gbishop
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am trying to get the Prologue theme [http://wordpress.com/blog/2008/01/28/introducing-prologue/]
    to use local avatars [using http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/Avatar instead of gravatars.

I use the following code: <?php avatar_comment_display($comment->comment_author_url,'32','avatar-id','avatar-class'); ?>
    ---and replaced ---
    <?php echo prologue_get_avatar( $user->ID, $user->user_email, 48 ); ?>
    ---in post-form.php---

The problem is that it shows the default avatar for all posts. Any suggestions?

2. suleiman
    Posted 15 years ago #

if you already have access to the premium package from wpmudev gbishop, you should be able to download the latest Farms themepack, and I'm sure if they've got prologue in there it will be pre-configured to work with their avatar system.

3. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

Erm, actually we haven't :) We will do soon though and if anyone's developed a copy please feel free to share it!

4. gbishop
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for the update, contact me once done and i will sign up for membership -- thanks for your help

5. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

i've been working on it. it works, but there are 3 issues i haven't fixed yet
    1)only members of your blog can use the twitter functionality. and they have to be editors, at that. no other role even sees the post box. i'm working on it.
    2)avatar in the post section: i can't seem to get the avatar function to work right. it works just like the original poster here says. i thought about just making that the avatar of the blog the theme is running on... but then i thought that didn't make any damn sense, at all.
    3)the updates are really posts. i'd prefer they were something different, like comments or something. posts show up in the recent posts plugin, sitewide feed, etc. I don't want crappy little posts like hey, whatssup, b!tch in my feed. and this would happen to me cuz i got strange friends. so then i thought i could just make the blog private and use some sort of parser to display that blog's updates somewhere... and then my head began to hurt and i needed some alcohol. it's a vicious cycle.

6. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yep, those are pretty much exactly the issues I ran into with it :(

7. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

I guess you could add a function into the theme to mark the blog "mature" if you use the theme so that it doesn't show up in those lists. I didn't do that with a function in the theme, but I did mark it that way in the admin on the one that I am using for all members.

Trent

8. gbishop
    Posted 15 years ago #

Anyone had any luck on this?

9. benny148148
    Posted 15 years ago #

sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anybody know if there were every any advancements made to this? I'd love to implement the prologue theme into my installation of WPMU.

Thanks

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by gbishop
  • Latest reply from benny148148