The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Congratulations 1.5.1 finally released (23 posts)

1. fouad.fakhr
    Posted 15 years ago #

honestly i was about to think the 1.5.1 release will never happen in my life time
    i just came across the download section and i found it officially released and finally i can open my WPMU powered site
    thanks guys

P.S i never thought of joining the forums , just had to join it to cheer up with you all

2. stuk88
    Posted 15 years ago #

yay =]
    finally final version... =]

3. stodan
    Posted 15 years ago #

not yay but grrrr...the xmlrpc.php feature is dead as dillinger in 1.5.1. I am trying to get another program to scan some blogs but get "no blogs found" error.

4. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

Not too happy either - feels rushed to me... And I'm still having issues with the media uploader which is going to prevent me from upgrading until I get it sorted.

5. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

XMLRPC works just fine for us in testing(at least via Flickr) and we were getting:

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2038: File I/O Error.

With the uploader (it helps to provide the actual issues ;) and that was fixed by adding the folowing to htaccess:

SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off

As per the easily findable fix here:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/162373/page/2?replies=42#post-729223

'Rushed' is one thing I wouldn't call this... and there hasn't been an official release announcement anyway.

6. mark-k
    Posted 15 years ago #

Farms, it was announced here

I hope that in the future donncha will be more verbose and post more updates about the status of the release ....

7. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

Donncha should have announced it here too.

@Farms - I logged the Trac ticket here: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/623 and have asked for help on other threads too.

8. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

amanzi - I would have posted here but it was 6.30pm, baby was screaming, and I was wanted elsewhere urgently.

9. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

@doncha - i hear ya brother. :( wait till he/she gets 2 and can tell you what he/she feels in no uncertain terms.

10. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

11. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Wtf, there will always be some bugs. Man is doing it for free. Thanks Donncha.

@Farms
    So what exactly should my .htaccess file look like? Dumb question, I know.

12. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

Big thanks Donncha much appreciated.

13. billnoyes
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for the work Donncha. I am quiet around here but have been running a small MU site for the past couple years. My baby will be 1 this month. They have to come first. Thanks for juggling everything and still providing MU versions and support!

14. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

*mutters about teenagers, wishes for days when I could pick the kids up and plunk them in their rooms*

Great work Donncha. :)

15. webmaestro
    Posted 15 years ago #

Great work Donncha (and all the beta testers!). A few go out to the wp-2.5.1 team as well. I'm looking forward to testing this on our servers somewhere so we can migrate to it in the future, as well...

Thanks!

16. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

@boonika - Our htaccess is too scary for me even to look at it too much :)

amanzi & mark-k take a chill pill!

Great work Donncha, thanks again.

17. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

@Farms - I'm fairly chilled already, thanks anyway. But it's been a long-standing issue with WPMU that there's not enough communication from the maintainers on the forums.

18. hyperdry
    Posted 15 years ago #

i am just a new father (http://littlerianne.com) and i could understand that parenting is a full-time job. This is not a paid service so please be more greatful.

Thanks donncha, as always well done!!!

bring out the champagne!!!!!

cheers.

19. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

@Farms - yay!

20. stodan
    Posted 15 years ago #

No matter what I do I can't get the xmlrpc file to read the blog list from my wordpress mu install. I keep getting the NO BLOGS Found" message from my blog rss feed software ( which was working fine with wordpress mu 1.3.3). were there any major changes to xmlrpc file? In the wpmu downlaod trunk it does say it is unstable.?

21. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

xmlrpc seems to work ok for me on 1.5.1 - as it's the only way I post to my blogs I've been hammering quite a bit during testing.

22. prosk
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am experiencing some problems with this version -> unable to embed flash video on my posts, it works on the writing process, but when i'm saving, the video disappears. And she is not in my post, on my blog. Do you have any ideas??

Thanks a lot.

Jean-Michel

23. BondageRadio
    Posted 15 years ago #

@cafespain - What external program are you using with xmlrpc? I keep getting "wp.ListUserBlogs not available" with Ecto for Mac (Ecto works fine on wordpress.com btw)

@prosk - try the plugin 'Unfiltered MU 1.1' also just released this week.

@doncha - you need a raise, and a support staff. Can we holler at Matt here?

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by fouad.fakhr
  • Latest reply from BondageRadio