The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

StayPress management system (13 posts)

1. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi all
    After the question by cajpersonalfinance about customising the administration side of WordPress MU ( http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=8207 ) , I thought I'd post a little bit of information about the system I am currently working on.

It uses a standard install of WordPress or WordPress MU (currently running on MU 1.5.1 as 3 hours ago) and, using only plugins, heavily customises the adminstration system and menus to remove all the parts I don't want users of the system to see (and stops the user accessing the removed pages by pasting in the url). It then adds the Property management and booking/rental systems functionality.

The idea is to turn the MU system on it's head and offer a hosted administration system rather than a website.

Along the lines of Highrise, Basecamp and Freshbooks, etc.. When a user signs up they can pick a sub-domain but when accessing that sub-domain they are taken to the login page and administration system rather than a blog frontend (though the current version also allows a blog as well if enabled by the system admin).

I've posted some information and an initial screen shot here: http://blog.clearskys.net/2008/05/14/introducing-staypress/

2. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

Awesome! Even has that nice Basecamp type theme.

3. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

Is the admin theme available?

4. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

Cute :) Makes good sense too - will follow with interest!

5. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

Nice idea, and thanks for sharing.

6. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oooh I've been Ma.tted ( http://ma.tt/2008/05/wp-based-bookings/ ).

My poor little server :)

7. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

A W E S O M E ! ! !

(zets)

8. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just posting it to my blog now (finally).

9. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

@cafespain I guess running the main blog on Slicehost will be a nice test ;)

Trent

10. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

@cafespain

ANY NEWS???

:)

11. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ahh grasshopper :)

I'm going to make a few announcements and updates on Monday for StayPress and another MU/WordPress powered system I'm just finishing (this one is a quick system I started when I had writers block coding some of the StayPress functionality, but it is really cool)....

I was going to make the other system/site live today, but as I am still without Internet access at home (4 days to transfer my a****e...) and the fact that it is Friday the 13th, I decided against it :)

Thanks for all your patience and support everyone.

12. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

cafespain - i'm planning an upgrade soon for my site - do you consult? if so, hit me at admin at realsportsbloggers dot com. it'd be a paid gig.

13. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

@cafespain,

...no...no...thank YOU for your work! I am patiently waiting:)

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by cafespain
  • Latest reply from awarner20