The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wordpress.com and 1.5.1 (10 posts)

1. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

When did Wordpress.com upgrade to WPMU 1.5.1? Does anyone know if they are they using the standard WPMU files with extra plugins or is there a lot of core changes?

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

wp.com has several features that would most certainly require modifications to core files. However, most of the unique features they offer could be pulled off via plugins.

Thanks,
    Andrew

3. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

I logged into my Wordpress.com account this morning to see if it had been upgraded yet. Interestingly I noticed that the dashboard was very slow, which is one of the common complaints on these forums since the 1.5.1 upgrade.

4. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

Which pages specifically are loading slow for you? I just tried both of my wp.com blogs and neither admin panel loads slowly.

Thanks,
    Andrew

5. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

I spend a great deal of time on wp.com blogs as well and find it to be extremely fast myself. The file cache has made some great advances for me as well on my install.

Trent

6. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've just revisited my admin pages and they are a bit quicker now. So perhaps there's just some caching going on that speeds them up for subsequent visits. They were definitely much slower earlier (all admin pages were.)

7. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

Don't get me wrong, the first time loading was painful but once the cache is working, it is much faster.

Trent

8. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm pretty sure they rolled in 1.5 before it was released here.

9. mikeboy3
    Posted 15 years ago #

I had a problem with the admin pages, like inaccessible blank dashboards, and slow loads, but slowly those problems are going away on their own, now it's all much faster.

10. jschinker
    Posted 15 years ago #

They launched it a couple weeks after WP2.5 came out. I'm pretty sure they were running it live before Donncha's post (http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=7946) about starting efforts to incorporate 2.5 into WPMU.

I was surprised, actually, because I thought WP.com was more-or less a stock WPMU install. Shows what I know :-)

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by amanzi
  • Latest reply from jschinker