The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

"You should update your .htaccess now" on 1.5.1 (8 posts)

1. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello,

I just upgrade my WPMu 1.3 install to 1.5.1. All of the pages of my main blog are now listed as posts. When I go to update my permalink structure, there doesn't seem to be an 'update' option in the 1.5.1 Customize Permalink Structure panel. I tried changing the setting to what I think it should be and I got the message.

You should update your .htaccess now.

Could someone please clue me in to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks much

2. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

I just make my .htaccess file writable and no longer getting the "You should update your .htaccess now" message, but all of my static pages are still all posts.

I appreciate any help at all.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh, I remember this one. It's something that happened back in regualr WP that they changed. I had to do this on my personal blog when I upgraded it, and I was not too impressed.

You pretty much have to go find them in the database and change them back to pages.

4. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks, andrea_r. Yes, after looking at it for a while, I don't think it was the WPMu upgrade that did it, but the blog upgrade. So I just went back and changed the posts back to pages manually. I'm just thankful that happened ONLY the main blog and none of the other ones....as far as I know.

Thanks.

5. Houston Web Designer
    Posted 15 years ago #

Does anyone know how to utilize .htaccess, or anything for that matter, to automatically set permalinks on new blogs?

6. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

is hello21 spamming?

otherwise there are 2 plugins that I am aware of that allow you to set some defaults for new blogs, including permalink structure, go have a look at wpmu.org and wpmudev.org

7. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Probably. We've been hit with a fair amount of manual spam recently where older threads are found and a "sort of on topic" post is placed.

8. nanangms
    Posted 15 years ago #

chmod your .htaccess to 777

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by moose123
  • Latest reply from nanangms