The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New blogs not working (MAMP) (6 posts)

1. robmoff
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have WPMU running via MAMP, no small feat for a newbie.
    The blog I set up initially works fine, but when I add a new blog via the Site Admin the new blog doesn't work.

I get a dialog saying that the new blog was created, and it shows up in the list of blogs, but links to it don't work.

Any ideas?

2. BondageRadio
    Posted 15 years ago #

are you using sub-directory blogs, or sub-domain blogs? (www.site.name/sub-blog/ or sub-blog.site.name)

3. robmoff
    Posted 15 years ago #

subdomains

4. robmoff
    Posted 15 years ago #

Okay, I reinstalled WPMU and used sub-directories. Everything seems to be working now.

thanks

5. BondageRadio
    Posted 15 years ago #

your issue then is with MAMP, although the free Mamp does support subdomains, the method of support requires extencive editing of hidden system files.

Mamp Pro however has all of these functions built into a Mac Centric GUI interface which rocks.

If you have the cash, get Mamp Pro, it's totally worth the investment.

If not, the help files and forums at Mamp.info will give you step by step instructions and support on how to solve your issue.

6. jorne
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have exactly the same problem, Is it someone out their how actually got sub-domains working on Mac?

BondageRadio, The only thing I found at Mamp.info was people asking the same question as I and no solutions. What did you refer to?

I also downloaded the trail version of MAMP Pro. Unfortunately I can't find any information about how to use it. What should I add as Aliases? Or should I use the advanced settings?

About this Topic