The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Help me fix this error (4 posts)

1. Konstan
    Posted 15 years ago #

I upgraded my 1.3.3 install to 1.5.1 with no problems, updated all my plugins and everything is working fine. Except that I get an error_log with 99.5% of these:

[Tue May 20 07:13:57 2008] [error] [client 74.6.20.188] Invalid document end at line 2, column 1

I've tried to match the error with access_log but all I see at the error times are images and not files. I don't know how else I can narrow down where this error is coming from. It started after the upgrade, and since no one else is having this problem I suppose it could be a theme. First I thought it was the freshy theme, but there are a few other blogs with this error and they have other themes.

I guess I could turn these themes off for a few hours, which would bug my users, but I could discard some themes as the problem source. That is unless someone has a better suggestion?

Thanks, I hope I can fix this soon since its flooding my error logs and I miss the other errors if any.

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Is it always the same image or different ones? How about the Ip address in question?

Considering that that Ip address is the yahoo bot, I'd drop that error into yahoo along with 'site:yourinstall.tld' and see what comes up.

The readme file talks about upping your error logs reporting. You may want to give that a go.

3. Konstan
    Posted 15 years ago #

I turned on "ERRORLOGFILE"

Is the path supposed to be an URL or the abosulte path? I used the path, /var/www...

Can't get it to write to the file :( Does it have to be writable by root?

4. Konstan
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok, I've tried several things but I cant get it to write to the file.

I put the file in the site's root folder for now just to see if it was being filled, so the file is located in httpdocs. I've tried setting the log file path using a URL and the absolute path to the file. Also, I used chown to make the log file be owned by root, and then the site user. Nothing made it fill. I also made it chmod 777 but to no avail.

I'll wait for someone to tell me how to do it right :P

About this Topic