The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

RSS feeds are not read (4 posts)

1. bertys
    Posted 15 years ago #

When I try to read a feed in a subdomain, it WPMU generates an error : "An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.", it doesn't matter which feed I try to add. When I validate the feed or simply open it in an other feedreader evt is ok. Opening the same feed in the 'main' domain also opens the feed, only subdomains cause problems. Any setting missing ? Is there any solution or workaround known ? Are there other RSS widgets then the default ones which DO work ?

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

When I try to read a feed in a subdomain

Maybe expanding with specifics on what you're trying to do would be helpful. I for one don't have a clue.

3. Radja
    Posted 15 years ago #

I think I know what is bertys describing. I have experienced (almost) same problem. I had blog on subdomain installation of WPMU, and in "Sidebar Arrangement" when I added "RSS Feed Widget" with feed, WPMU generated this error: "An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later." But the RSS feed was obviously OK

Strange is, that RSS widget was working before, but stopped working without any reason. A was running WPMU 1.2.1

finally upgrade to WPMU 1.3.3 solved this problem, with no need to fix anything.

So I would advise to bertys to upgrade to the most recent version of WPMU.

4. attze
    Posted 15 years ago #

Same here, but running 1.3.3.

About this Topic