The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Error 500 (20 posts)

1. r180
    Posted 15 years ago #

When I go to http://www.r180.com/blog/wp-admin/ I get an Error 500. I can't figure this out. I just tried to upgrade. What did I do wrong?

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

I believe when you see the 500 error, it suggests that you check the webserver error logs. That would be a good first step.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_WPMU

3. r180
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any more specific help would be great... I'm pulling my hair out. I'll check that article... could you give some help? All I did was copy the files from 1.5.1 over my old ones... except for my 'content' folder.

4. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

And your error logs say....

Without that, and any information that is actually helpful, the only thing anyone can do is guess. We can't see your logs, or anything else about it.

"It doesn't work" is of little use.

5. r180
    Posted 15 years ago #

I can't access my error logs... don't believe 1and1.com allows for that. Is there any other way to troubleshoot?

6. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

It looks like some of your page is loading. The top left section seems to have the problem. I get a notice on IE7 that Quicktime is trying to load.

You did do all of the upgrading procedures?

Can you log in?

7. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hmmm, I just tried that link you posted again and get this.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: require_wp_db() in /homepages/42/d107206901/htdocs/r180/blog/wp-settings.php on line 206

You would only get something in blog/wpadmin if you had an index.php or index.htm in it, unless you allowed viewing the directory contents.

8. r180
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sorry... I actually tried to reload my old files... it caused this error. I'm going to replace those old files with the new ones. It'll take just a moment.

9. r180
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok, I reuploaded the new files... and am seeing error 500 again. Should I CHMOD a file? I just can't imagine what I did. All I did was take the new files and overwrite the old ones... except the content folder. Just added new files to that folder.

10. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

A 500 error can be cause by any number of things.

Without error logs, possibly even needed debugging turned on, you might as well throw darts at slips of paper.

11. r180
    Posted 15 years ago #

What do I do? Can I do a fresh install? Point to my database?

12. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress

Follow those instructions. You may try wp-admin/upgrade.php instead of just wp-admin/.

I would look at that wp-admin/index.php real close.

It may also be a difference in the wp-content/blogs.php.

13. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

Typing in myURL/wp-admin/ redirects to the wp-login.

14. r180
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hey... I found a way to create an error file... how can I post the csv file? Can you look at it?

15. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

From my computer I can see most of your site and can get to the blog home page. It is just that top portion having the problem it looks to me.

Do a View source on your browser and you may find where it went south.

16. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

Seems the links to the htm's in your wp-admin are having a problem.

17. r180
    Posted 15 years ago #

I deleted the wp-cache folder... and got to my login page. That's progress... but, then, when I logged in I got another 500 error.

Here's 3 warnings:
    (Warning) mysql_num_fields(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource

(Warning) mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource

(Warning) mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource

All three are referencing: wp-includes/wp-db.php:

18. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

What version were you upgrading from? It was a WPMU version?

Did you do the upgrade.php?

19. r180
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes, WPMU... from 1.3.3 I think. When I go to upgrade.php I get the 500 error too.

20. r180
    Posted 15 years ago #

On my gosh... I think I found it... I removed my podpress plugin and that seemed to fix it... so far anyway... I'll play around with it.

About this Topic