The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Widget sidebar problems in mu 1.5.1 (6 posts)

1. tonyrg
    Posted 15 years ago #

My MU widgets will not move and all go to sidebar 1. It is not a browser problem since it works ok on WP 2.5.1
    MU was a new install and setup.

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

It is not a browser problem since it works ok on WP 2.5.1

What other debugging have you done on this?

http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_WPMU

3. tonyrg
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks, for the link!
    I deactivated all plugins and now I can change the order in the side bar, as well as place the base widgets in either sidebar.

Now I guess that I need to figure out which one of the 25 plugins caused the problem. I'll work on it.

I'm using a 3 column theme that I used on the free WP blog and it shows the widgets differently with both sidebars showing. I thought that they were using something similar to MU for the main WP free blogs.
    There were several plugins that I tried to activate that would cause an immediate 500 error, so I would remove them from the server since I was locked out until they were off the server, even though it looked like they were not activated.

On the debug mu page it mentioned using wpmu-settings.php, so I went to
    http://blogs.designservices4u.com/wpmu/wpmu-settings.php
    and got this in my browser

Fatal error: Call to undefined method: stdClass->suppress_errors() in /homepages/4/d161413044/htdocs/wpmu/wpmu-settings.php on line 74
    Not sure what to do about that error.

Thanks again! Any good thoughts are appreciated.

4. tonyrg
    Posted 15 years ago #

FeedWordPress causes the design-widget-sidebar problem even when it is the only activated plugin on my WPMU 1.5.1 install

5. binh
    Posted 15 years ago #

I got the same problem too on my blogs and it's sub blogs. Also happen on AP Mart.

What happen is that I can't move the widget on the sidebar placement properly. It's still OK though, because I can still save the changes.

But it's annoying and I start to hate the current Widget page. Why the heck do I have to open different pages every time I want to move some widget among the sidebars??? This SUCKS.

6. tonyrg
    Posted 15 years ago #

When I deactivated FeedWordPress I could work with my widgets, then when I re activate FeedWordPress it remember the feeds that I had previously setup.

About this Topic